Everyone loves a good Romantic comedy whether they like to admit it or not, and this Valentine’s day is sure to be one spent indoors from COVID-19 or the cold weather we’ve been having. Here are my top 5 romcoms to watch this Valentine’s day with your significant other or your best friends.
- Crazy Rich Asians- This over-the-top movie is a perfect watch with a friend, boyfriend, and dare I say, parents. There is a perfect mix of drama and comedy throughout this love story featuring top Actors such as Constance Wu, Henry Goulding, and the one and only Ken Jeong. You can watch this RICH Hollywood film on Hulu Premium and Netflix.
- Always Be My Maybe- If you love food, and childhood sweethearts meeting again this Movie is for you. This film covers the relationship between a well-renowned chef and her childhood best friend in the most hilarious way. A Netflix original that will make you love tennis balls (I may sound ridiculous but watch the movie to find out).
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before- What’s better than staying home and watching three movies on Valentine’s day. Have you ever written a letter to someone you fell in love with? How about four? This movie is a rollercoaster of highschool romance and is sure to keep you drawn in. There are two movies in this three-part series on Netflix now, with the third one coming out on Feb 12th, perfect for binging this valentine’s day with the girls.
- Blended- This movie is the perfect mix of comedy and romance featuring the classic romcom legends Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. Out of all the romantic comedies they’ve done together this one is by far the funniest. It follows two different families that coincidentally end up on the same family trip in Africa. Having a blended family can be hard and this movie shows the ups and downs of reality while also keeping you laughing throughout the entire story. It can be watched on Hulu Premium.
- 10 things I hate about you- Three words, young Heath Ledger. This 1999 film is a classic on the romcom list. This movie will keep you engaged with its witty sarcasm coming from the main character played by Julia Stiles. A high school love story not so typical where ulterior motives are at play, but like every other 90s romcom has the best ending at a highschool dance. This romcom is available to watch on Disney+.
Although this list isn’t that extensive, it’s still guaranteed to last you through this Valentine’s weekend. So grab a bucket of popcorn and candy and give yourself a day off to treat yourself to your romcom favorite. Comment your favorite romantic comedy on our Instagram @theechosnu, Facebook @TheEcho, or Twitter @TheEchoSNU.