ECHO Editor Needed. Apply Now.
Do you enjoy writing? Have you always wanted to share your voice with the world? Do you like to work with teams of smart people? Maybe being the editor of SNU’s newspaper, The Echo, is just what you’ve been waiting for.
We are now accepting applications for the editor position of The Echo for the 2023-2024 school year. The editor has the following responsibilities:
- Publish daily articles written by The Echo staff and the Newspaper practicum students to the online newspaper site.
- Edit student submissions for content, formatting and grammar.
- Lead the Newspaper Practicum class which meets weekly – Monday, 4pm-5pm.
- Participate on campus as a student leader.
- Report monthly to the Publications Board of SNU
Benefits of the editor position include:
- Generous stipend of $500 monthly.
- Up to 3 hours of upper division college credit each semester (6 hours total possible).
- Editor of the university newspaper is a great resume addition for future employment.
- Participate as a student leader on campus.
Qualifications for applicants:
- Must be currently attending SNU.
- Must have completed 3 semesters of University level schooling prior to the current semester.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher.
To apply, please email Dr. Kyzer email@example.com and she will send you a link to upload your application documents. The following documents will need to be uploaded by March 24, 2023 at 5pm:
- Cover letter to the Publication Board outlining why you feel qualified and why you would like to serve in this position.
- Personal Testimony
- Journalistic writing sample (previous news articles preferred)
- 2 letters of recommendation